Author Topic: Latest Art Text App.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Frank B.

• Support
  • Board Member
Latest Art Text App.
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:47:55 AM »
I've just grabbed a copy of the latest Art Text application from Belight software - version 3. For anyone who has a need to create logos and special text effects, this is the app for you. My version is for Mac, but the good news is they also do a Windows version. It's a bit like a sophisticated version of the 3D text options you get in some serif applications. Up until now I had been using Logoist as my preferred choice of text effect software, but I must admit, I do like Art text. It has 3D bumps and textures built right into the interface which makes it really good at making very realistic textured effects. You can also set up textured backgrounds. Export options are good with the main image formats catered for as well as high resolution PDF's. Attached are three samples of what can be created with this neat little app.

Oh - and the price??? a very affordable $4.99 on the Windows Store or $29.99 on the Mac App Store or direct from the publisher's website. The price difference reflects the different feature set of each version, but don't let the low price of the Windows version fool you. Although it doesn't do everything the Mac version can do, it does some very cool effects. If you have a Mac, you will have a much wider range of options available.

The following users thanked this post: Lon in NWArkansas

Offline Lon in NWArkansas

• Ninja
  • Board Member
Re: Latest Art Text App.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
Very interesting. For $4.99, I'm there, on my Win 8.1 laptop.  The UI is a bit different, and takes just a bit of poking around, to get used to.  But, it does have some good posibilities....certainly a bit more flexible than Logoist. And, there's plenty in the Win version to keep me busy.  Thanks, Frank.

Offline Frank B.

• Support
  • Board Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
I was looking at the Windows version and it seems to be based on the previous version 2 that was available for Mac - it's actually quite an accomplished product. The sample below was from version 2 so I think by delving into the app, you should be able to create some really good effects at that bargain-basement price.

• Ninja
  • Board Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »
That's quite good.  Loved the candied letters you did in the first examples.  But, I didn't spot that as a preset, in my little bit of working on it this morning.  Looks like it will be useful, and the price can';t be beat.

...well, I guess free would do it.   ;D

Offline tomH

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »
Thanks Frank. Had to fire up the Win10 laptop to get the program since my PCs are Win7 and the program requires either Win 8 or 10. But, it's a outstanding value for $5 and I'll just share the resulting work via my home network.

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:16 PM »
That's quite good.  Loved the candied letters you did in the first examples.  But, I didn't spot that as a preset, in my little bit of working on it this morning.  Looks like it will be useful, and the price can't be beat.

...well, I guess free would do it.
   ;D
They do actually have a freeware version, Art Text Lite, which I've just been looking at. When I saw the description
Art Text Lite is a Freeware design application for turning text into art and creating application icons, and web graphics. With this program you will get professional results without the steep learning curve of Photoshop or Illustrator.
followed by
Standard version of Art Text adds the following goodies for just $9.99:
• Layers allow you to create graphics with several objects.
• 80 additional ready-made templates.
• 60 more shader materials.
• 70 image textures and custom textures tool,
• 40 extra shapes to create logos and icons.
I wondered where Frank got the $4.99 price from, but when I went to the listing for the full product I saw this:
50% OFF special offer!

Art Text is a vector design app for creating sophisticated title art for Powerpoint presentations, logos, icons, web graphics, and buttons in an intuitive, easy-to-use touch interface.

Some ideas for using Art Text:

• Catchy headings for promotional brochures and fliers. Unique titles for PowerPoint presentations
• Logo for a new business venture
• Web graphics for a client's site

Even at today's terrible GBP to USD exchange rate, $4.99 (£3.89) isn't exactly a small fortune, so I think I may be dusting off my wallet shortly! ;D
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Offline clitheroe kid

• Board Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »

Even at today's terrible GBP to USD exchange rate, $4.99 (£3.89) isn't exactly a small fortune, so I think I may be dusting off my wallet shortly! ;D

Dusting off your wallet? Can you still remember the combination? I think the last time you opened it, it only had pre-decimal currency.  :)
Some people think that I have Attention Deficit Disorder. They just dont understand that........ Hey! Look a chicken!

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »

Dusting off your wallet? Can you still remember the combination? I think the last time you opened it, it only had pre-decimal currency.  :)
::)
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

• Ninja
  • Board Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »

::)

Offline Frank B.

• Support
  • Board Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »
Dusting off your wallet? Can you still remember the combination? I think the last time you opened it, it only had pre-decimal currency.

When I open my wallet, the Queen blinks,

Offline Frank B.

• Support
  • Board Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »
I wondered where Frank got the $4.99 price from, but when I went to the listing for the full product I saw this:

I saw it on the Belight Art Text For Windows Web Page:

Offline Willabong

• Board Member
    • Bluebottle Exchange
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »
When I open my wallet Henry the 8th blinks!