Author Topic: Standard Text frame Problem  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Smee

• Board Member
Standard Text frame Problem
« on: October 06, 2016, 04:51:44 PM »
Before heading over to the pre-schoolers at Community Pre-K I thought I'd ask this question where someone might be able to help.

Suddenly, as in on October 3, 2016, I am unable to make changes to a standard text frame in DPX6. I can edit the text, but I cannot resize or move the frame.

In documents created prior to October 3, 2016 the text frames can still be moved and resized ... just not in new documents.

This is on my laptop which I sometimes use at work. I am not sure what changed --- if it is a problem that others have encountered or if perhaps something has been changed on my computer.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
A few of my favorite pics ... http://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
    • Live WebPlus Support
Re: Standard Text frame Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 04:59:53 PM »
Smee, can you not attach a small DPX file that is having the issues you describe, having something to work with via other users of the same software could eliminate a file issue and narrow it down to more of a system issue if we can't replicate the same problem using the same file.
Live 1 to 1 WebPlus Support - [ninj] http://www.webplus-support.co.uk  [ninj]

Offline Archibald

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:24:35 AM »
I note this is in the PagePlus forum.  If this relates to PagePlus, not DrawPlus, then if a text frame is locked the text within the frame can still be edited. To unlock a text frame use right-click > 'Arrange' > 'Unlock objects' (in PPX4 at least).

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
In DrawPlus X6 you can't edit the text directly on the page if the text frame is locked, but the 'Edit Text' command is still available. However, as you would expect, updating defaults from a locked text frame in either DPX6 or PPX6 doesn't cause new text frames to be locked automatically.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

The following users thanked this post: pioneer

Offline Smee

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:37 PM »
In DrawPlus X6 you can't edit the text directly on the page if the text frame is locked, but the 'Edit Text' command is still available. However, as you would expect, updating defaults from a locked text frame in either DPX6 or PPX6 doesn't cause new text frames to be locked automatically.

Yep, pageplus not drawplus. That's what I get for typing while talking on the phone at work.

Found the problem. Apparently I somehow "locked" all text frames. Didn't even know that could be done!

Thanks Archibald.
A few of my favorite pics ... http://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Online pioneer

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »
Good to see a problem and a good answer in this Forum. John

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »
Good to see a problem and a good answer in this Forum. John
Keep 'em coming! ;)
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)