Author Topic: How to create a retro slide show  (Read 2910 times)

Offline pioneer

• Nil Desperandum
Re: How to create a retro slide show
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
Well here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ7nTZU0Q2I  Thank you Albert for the idea, comments and criticisms welcome as always. I intend to enhance this 1st attempt

Offline Albert Ross

• Board Member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
A job very well done John. The 'slide ins' were quite a bit quicker than mine were, not sure if that was intentional or not. You could make the first slide a little out of focus and gradually bring it into focus by using the  Gaussian blur effect with keyframes, just to simulate how it used to be, but a blooming good first effort. Seems as though my instructions were not too bad...  (thu) (thu)

The following users thanked this post: pioneer

Offline Albert Ross

• Board Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
Here is another example, using slides that were actually slides which I have managed to photograph using my wife's light box which she uses for her craft work. I simply put them into 'Photoshop' and cropped off the cardboard frames. They were all taken around 1963. https://youtu.be/RN8egNFr-bs none of the slides are 35mm but have a square format before we upgraded to a camera capable of taking 35mm slides.

The first slide is me aged 12 or 13 in bed on a school trip to Interlaken in Switzerland. They are all mixed up. Some are taken at Christmas time with my parents and older sister, Family holidays in Austria, and in 1963 Spurs, our local club, were the first English team to win a European competition and there are a couple of pictures taken of their open air bus ride through the streets of Edmonton and Tottenham - heady days.

Offline pioneer

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »
Just off out to dinner now Albert,  will look at the video tomorrow. Interesting about Interlaken I was there aged 12/13 and again 13/14.  But I think I am a lot older than you so our paths probably did not cross.  Sadly all my photographs were lost to a flood at my parents house so I have no records left of when I was there.  Catch up soon.