Author Topic: Magix acquires Sony software  (Read 1200 times)

Offline ericlnz

• Board Member
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:30:13 AM by ericlnz »

Offline nfc212

• Developer
  • n
  • Board Member
Re: Magix aquires Sony software
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:02:30 AM »
I have a couple of Magix music/audio programs and I've found them to be fantastic. Looks like they're going to become a major player.

Offline ericlnz

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:12:09 AM »
Clarification :  Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Production Suite will continue to be developed by Sony for professional broadcast and production applications.

An interesting situation as Magix have their own equivalents of the SCS Consumer and professional products.  So we wait to see if they continue with both versions as Corel have with both Pinnacle and their own (ex ULead) video products.

Offline nfc212

• Developer
  • n
  • Board Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:28:50 AM »
If there are sufficient users of both programs then it will probably be viable to continue development on both with a view to moving development to a 'merge' scenario. Suddenly stopping one or the other could lead to users moving straight to a competitor product.

Offline ericlnz

• Board Member
Re: Magix acquires Sony software
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »
From posts on the Sony forums Magix have indicated they intend developing Vegas and Movie Studio further so Movie Studio remains my editor of choice when MVP is no longer usable.

I've only recently discovered that SCS didn't 'invent' their software, they acquired it from Sonic Foundry in 2003.