Author Topic: Filter Forge Pro FREE!  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Willabong

• Board Member
    • Bluebottle Exchange
Filter Forge Pro FREE!
« on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:40 PM »
Giveaway of the Day is giving Filter Forge Pro away Free, This is a $399 program that can be used stand alone or as a 32 or 64 bit plugin, that works with PhotoPlus. It is capable of producing/creating some really good filters. and has an online database of thousands of user made filters!

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:57:32 PM by Willabong »

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
Re: Filter Forge Pro FREE!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:02 PM »
Giveaway of the Day is giving Filter Forge Pro away Free, This is a $399 program
Filter Forge 5.0 Professional is usually $399, but you can buy it direct from Filter Forge today for $79. The Giveaway of the Day offer is for Filter Forge 4 Pro.

The thing I dislike about GOTD offers is that you have to download and install the software on the day of the offer, which means you can't reinstall it at a later date. Offers from BitsDuJour generally don't suffer from this drawback; BDJ has a forthcoming deal offering Filter Forge 5.0 Professional for $59.85, which represents a discount of 85%.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

The following users thanked this post: Mick

Offline Willabong

• Board Member
    • Bluebottle Exchange
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
Good offer! But free is FREE!  And how often do you need to re-install Windows nowadays Alfred? Even in the days of XP I ran the same install on 2 machines for 10 years or more. While it is true that having the full program to re-install when necessary is the best way to go, I still think this is a good offer, provided you run a tight ship!

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:49:13 PM »
You certainly can't beat the value, William. I'll give you that! :D

I know some people seem to like reinstalling the OS every so often, but I think I've only ever reinstalled once (and that was because I didn't have a disc image, so I had no choice). However, I have switched to a new machine (changing to a new OS on each occasion) a couple of times in the past few years.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Sean

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:43:54 AM »
Thanks I am downloading but worried if there is spam or nag software bundled with this?

Offline Willabong

• Board Member
    • Bluebottle Exchange
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 07:46:52 AM »
Sean:  There is no spam or nag software!