Author Topic: Just to say Hello  (Read 1284 times)

Offline emmrecs

• Board Member
    • My Hobby Business
Just to say Hello
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:29:27 PM »
Long-time user of Serif software (back to PP5, I think, so not as long as many others), member of Serif's old forums, participant (rarely) in CP, now found my way here, hoping to learn and, if possible, offer assistance to other users.

Must say it's good to see a forum which is relatively "busy" but which is far easier to navigate than CP!

Jeff

Offline Alfred

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
Re: Just to say Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
Welcome, Jeff. I'm pleased to see that you managed to find your way here.

Long-time user of Serif software (back to PP5, I think, so not as long as many others)
That's quite a long time, even if you mean PPX5. However, it's very long if you really mean PP5 without the 'X'!
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Board Administrator
    • Live WebPlus Support
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
Welcome aboard Jeff, hope you enjoy your stay  (tup)
Live 1 to 1 WebPlus Support - [ninj] http://www.webplus-support.co.uk  [ninj] - If All Brides Are Beautiful, Where The Hell Do Ugly Women Come From? - I Have Enough Money To Last Me The Rest Of My Life, Providing I Die By Next Tuesday

Offline emmrecs

• Board Member
    • My Hobby Business
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »

Long-time user of Serif software (back to PP5, I think, so not as long as many others)
That's quite a long time, even if you mean PPX5. However, it's very long if you really mean PP5 without the 'X'!

Yes, I do mean PP5, not X5!  And it was a long time ago!  Even Serif's sales people, when they phone to offer me the "latest version of ..." happily admit I'm a "long-time user"!

Thanks Alfred, and Mick, for the welcome.

Offline Lon in NWArkansas

• Ninja
  • Board Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:30:51 AM »

Yes, I do mean PP5, not X5!  And it was a long time ago!  Even Serif's sales people, when they phone to offer me the "latest version of ..." happily admit I'm a "long-time user"!

Thanks Alfred, and Mick, for the welcome.
Welcome, Jeff.

Too funny...many of us here go back quite a long time with Serif titles.  I found a disc in a computer shopper catalog for PP3, back in 1994 or 1995, and was looking for an alternative to MS Publisher.  I was sold immediately, and I think it cost me $5 or so, to get the full version.  Couldn't resist, and I've been an avid user ever since....own DPX8, PPX8, WPX8, PhotoPlusX8, and CraftArtist2.  I've just very recently, however, added Xara Web Designer 365 to my stable, and am trying to come up to speed on it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:33:48 AM by Alfred »